Tips on pre-recorded interviews

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Watawata, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Watawata

Watawata Revered Member

Hi guys,

I have a pre-recorded interview coming up for Lazard (and hopefully others in the near future). I have always sucked at these - speaking without any feedback from the other side and the tight time limits make me quite nervous.

I was wondering if you have advice on how to best prepare for this type of interviews, and how to portray myself (i.e. should I be completely professional or passionate, should I rehearse a lot and have things memorized or should I try to be genuine).

Thanks.

2. Trigger

Trigger Blessed

Alumni:
    Cass
    Industry:
    Technology
    It makes everyone nervous but some cope with it and that's what you need to do.

Make eye contact with the camera as you speak, don't forget to blink, and make sure what you are saying makes sense. Don't ramble: give enough detail but get to your point. Speak clearly. Be 'genuine', rehearsing is the worst thing you can do.

Also, keep a positive attitude at all times. It will come off your facial expression which is a good thing.

Watawata likes this.
  3. Watawata

Watawata Revered Member

Thanks, very helpful and motivating. With regards to rehearsing: what about writing some bullet points for each question you are expecting, and practicing without following a very rigid structure? Would you recommend against it? I am curious, because I have a tendency to do it the opposite way.

4. Trigger

Trigger Blessed

Alumni:
    Cass
    Industry:
    Technology
    That will help. Heres some things to focus on. What are the skills you obtained through your experiences? Is there anything that makes you different from other applicants (ie something that they probably don't have but you do)?

Watawata likes this.